Volunteer Marketing & Communications Team Member
Marketing & Communications Team Member
The role of the Marketing & Communications Team Member is to develop content to promote the TEDxMontreal brand and proactively communicate with the TEDxMontreal community. S/he will accomplish this while ensuring messaging is consistent across all printed and digital communications. This individual will also expand the TEDxMontreal network of followers by educating people about TED’s mission of providing a free online platform for Ideas Worth Sharing. S/he will also ensure frequent engagement with the TEDxMontreal community via social media and create buzz in our city around TED.
- Ensuring brand consistency for all printed and digital documents.
- Maximizing free press (PR) about our event and the TED mission including the thousands of videos available free online.
- Producing communications to TEDxMontreal community and guests leading up conference to keep the community engaged and updated.
- Being a key member of the TEDxMontreal organizing committee.
- Performing other related duties as needed and assigned.
The skills we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in digital and social media marketing.
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing experience developing brands and growing brand awareness including brand visual creation across different platforms in both English and French.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Graphic design is an asset.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Ability to follow TED standards and rules.
- Love for TED!
How you should apply:
Please fill in the following form explaining how you, your experience and your passion would be a great asset to our team. Show us you know what it takes to put together a stimulating content driven conference. Also include your resume so we can see what you’ve done and where you are headed.
Please note: the majority of the team’s meetings take place online with Google Hangout on a weekly basis. The candidate must also be available for face-to-face meetings in Montreal. This includes being available for an in-person interview.