Content Curation Team Member
The ideal candidate for TEDxMontreal’s Content Curation team is bilingual and a bicultural creative storyteller who is passionate about innovation in diverse fields of interest. S/he is deeply connected to Montreal’s emerging ideas in technology, entertainment and design with extensive personal contacts and networks. Every Content Curation team member must possess the ability to identify innovative sparks, cultivate them and turn them into insightful, clever and relevant ideas that can be verbalized in an entertaining storyline told in 18 minutes or less. The Curation team is responsible for the heart of TEDxMontreal, we find, develop and coach ideas from seed to stage. We aim to inspire our audiences both at the event and online to turn our local ideas into actions.
- Contribute actively in scouring Montreal for new and upcoming trends and Ideas Worth Spreading.
- Learn and participle in managing the Content Curation idea funnel process which scans hundreds of leads yet can distill and identify ideas that have a potential domino effects within our community and beyond.
- Network and meet with influencers in various industries in order to develop new idea verticals and discover untapped ideas to present on our TEDxMontreal stage.
- Flexibility and creativity to work within the TED guidelines on programming and curation.
- Prep idea pitches to the Selection Committee with the TEDxMontreal Executive Committee and participate in the idea selection process which ensures we capture ideas with broad community appeal (local and global).
- Develop the key idea of a talk with selected speakers, coach and train them with our speaker toolbox to ensure their ideas are structured to appeal to a broad audience.
- Effectively build and sustain relationships with speakers – sometimes in high-pressure situations and maintain these relationships post-conference.
The skills we’re looking for:
- A vast network of contacts in various areas of interest within Montreal which can be leveraged to discover innovative ideas worth promoting on our platform.
- Strong intuition to identify ideas that can inspire an audience into action.
- A strong ability to story tell, to distill a complex idea into a succinct talk aimed at a broad audience without losing the idea’s essence.
- Experience in creating insightful, educational and entertaining presentations both verbally and visually.
- Extensive experience in coaching and training speakers (providing relevant feedback).
- A sense of urgency and ability to create and maintain productive pressure to deliver set milestones as planned.
- A self-starter that takes initiative to solve problems creatively without clear direction.
- A team player that can lead and take ownership yet collaborate with ease.
- A LOVER of TED who understands our mission.
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Available for a minimum of 10 hours per week (during the evenings, some day time slots, and weekends) but able to spend upwards of 20 hours a week for peak periods.
- The candidate must be available for face-to-face curation meetings every second Monday evening in Montreal near McGill University and also extended team meetings every quarter on weekends.
- Experience with Google Drive, Docs & Hangouts, Trello, Doodle, Facebook chat, MS Ofiice and/or iWorks software. GoogleHangout, FB chat and GoogleDrive are the primary communication channels for our team.
Candidate must be available for an in-person interview with the Curation team.
How to apply:
Please fill in the following form explaining how you, your experience and your passion would be a great asset to our Content Curation team. Show us you know what it takes to put together a stimulating content driven conference on time and on budget. Include your resume so we can see what you’ve done and where you’re headed.
We thank you for your interest in TEDxMontreal!