Volunteer Social Media & Community Engagement Team Member
Social Media & Community Engagement Team Member
The Social Media Community Engagement Team Member will be responsible for all incoming communications from the TEDxMontreal community members. This individual will engage with the TEDxMontreal community across multiple social media platforms and email in a timely manner while maintaining the TEDxMontreal brand identity. This team member will communicate directly and empathetically while focusing on the experience of the inquirer.
- Managing, creating and delivering content for the organization’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Researching, planning and building comprehensive social media content calendars based on brand strategy to promote TEDxMontreal and the annual conference.
- Maintaining a constant buzz in social media and engage with the community.
- Tracking and cross-promoting our past and present speakers.
- Managing the influx of private messages across TEDxMontreal’s multiple social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram) and email.
- Managing responses to social media post comments as needed on social media platforms.
- Responding to messages in a timely and effective manner.
- Fact checking, researching, and verifying response content and details as needed.
- Facilitating positive relationships with TEDxMontreal community members.
- Being a key member of the TEDxMontreal organizing committee.
- Performing other related duties as needed and assigned.
The skills we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 1 year cumulative experience in social media management.
- Exceptional judgement and communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed.
- Ability to write short, simple, and comprehensive correspondence.
- Excellent written communication skills in both English and French.
- Adaptable and resilient attitude.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to follow TED standards and rules.
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Love for TED!
How you should apply:
Please fill in the following form explaining how you, your experience and your passion would be a great asset to our team. Show us you know what it takes to put together a stimulating content driven conference. Also include your resume so we can see what you’ve done and where you are headed.
Please note: the majority of the team’s meetings take place online with Google Hangout on a weekly basis. The candidate must also be available for face-to-face meetings in Montreal. This includes being available for an in-person interview.