Volunteer ACTIVE Communications and Community Engagement Team Member
Communications and Community Engagement Team Member
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and passionate person to join TEDxMontreal!! If you love ideas and want to join us in shining a light on the incredible talent in Montreal, then we want to meet you!
The role of the Marketing & Communications Team Member is to develop content to promote the TEDxMontreal brand and proactively communicate with the TEDxMontreal community.
As a member of the TEDxMontreal family, you’ll have an opportunity to work with our team, made up of people from a variety of backgrounds and paths, all sharing the same passion and curiosity for innovation, ideas and community building!
As a member of the larger TED community, you will also contribute to promoting TED’s mission of providing a free online platform for Ideas Worth Spreading.
We cannot wait to meet you!
- Managing, creating and delivering content for the organization’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram);
- Researching, planning and building comprehensive social media content calendars based on brand strategy to promote TEDxMontreal and its events;
- Managing the influx of private messages across TEDxMontreal’s multiple social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and email;
- Facilitating positive relationships with TEDxMontreal community members;
- Being a key member of the TEDxMontreal team.
The skills we’re looking for:
- Experience in digital and social media marketing and communications;
- Exceptional judgement and communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed;
- Ability to write short, concise and complete communications;
- Excellent written communication skills in French and English;
- Native French writing skills is a plus;
- Graphic design is an plus;
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- A deep curiosity and a desire to evolve and grow;
- Love for TED!
Please remember that a job description is a starting point – even if you don’t tick off all the boxes above, we highly encourage you to apply. There’s more to a good candidate than just their resume. We place a great emphasis on hiring people who want to grow and explore new work domains and who share the same energy and passion as us– if you feel that you’re a great choice for this position, use your submission below to tell us why!
This job posting will be open from July 20 to August 14, and we’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible!
How you should apply:
Please fill in the following form explaining how you, your experience and your passion would be a great asset to our team. Show us you have what it takes to put together a stimulating content driven conference. Also include your resume so we can see what you’ve done and where you are headed.
The team’s meetings take place exclusively online. As most of us have full-time jobs, our work happens outside normal working hours, on weekday evenings and weekends. Once the COVID-19 pandemic calms down and we can start returning to face-to-face work, we will occasionally have in-person meetings as well. The interview itself will take place virtually.